- Evaluate if the image file has a high enough PPI to produce a quality print
- Identify any imperfections in the image itself that may need to be corrected (we offer Photoshop services as well)
- Confirm that the image will translate well to the desired medium
Should we find any issues at this stage, we reach out to you directly and discuss how it’s best to proceed. While we don’t make it a habit of turning down business, if an image won’t print up to our standards or our customers we will typically propose an alternative.
Printing Quality Assurance
Our advanced commercial-grade printers are routinely cleaned and maintained up to or beyond the manufacturers’ recommendations to ensure that before the printing process even begins we’re confident in the end result.
Once a print is made it goes through a rigorous visual inspection by one of our experienced artisan printmakers. They look at things such as:
- Color matching – whether it perfectly reproduces the colors
- Image detail – whether it captures the fine image detail
- Print quality – whether the quality of the print is up to standards
In the rare case that imperfections are found, the print is scrapped and the process starts over again. Because of the speed of production, this usually doesn’t result in a delay in delivery