Looking for a unique and fun way to dress up a blank space? Try this cute and creative custom wall art piece that is all about you! This would be great for a kid’s bedroom or playroom, but don’t limit yourself to just a name. Spell out any word to fit the area that you are designing. Use your imagination in choosing a word or phrase and the possibilities are really endless.
This creative idea for your walls comes from DesignTalk. It displays a name (or word or phrase) in a unique and artistic way. Because “a picture is worth a thousand words,” let’s show you the example first:
The Custom Wall Art Process
First, we chose photos of each of the letters in “Design Talk,” then framed and hung them together to make a customized wall art photo arrangement.
One of best parts of this idea, other than being a simple DIY project, is that you can go so many different directions. To get started, pick your name, word or phrase. Keep these tips in mind to narrow down your choices:
- Choose a family last name for a living room, kitchen, or entryway.
- Choose a child’s first name for a bedroom.
- Choose a teen’s nickname for a teen room.
- Select a word to coordinate with a theme room. For example, in a soccer room “kick,” or in a fashion bedroom “fashion.”
- For a basement, den, or game room, choose a sports team name then choose pictures from that team to complete the look, like players, sport equipment and the venue.
- In an office, a business name works well.
- Get inspired in a home office, home gym, homeschool room, or classroom by choosing motivational or thought-provoking phrases. Or get crazy and create an entire quote!
Once you’ve selected your word(s), it’s time to pick your photos. Use your own pictures of shapes, objects and letters around your home or town that form the letters in the word. Enlist your family members to help you find the shapes and letters you need. This is especially fun when you are creating a custom wall art name for a child – they’ll love to get in on the project and know that they helped to create it! If you’re running low on inspiration and available shapes and letters, you can always visit a photo site like istockphoto to search out photos in colors or themes you’re looking for.
Professional Printing Goes a Long Way
Now it’s time to print and put it all together. Use your favorite photo printer (we are assuming this means ArtisanHD) to order the custom prints in the sizes you’re looking for. For ample wall space, an easy arrangement would be to order 8×10 prints and hang them in coordinating frames. If your photographs are super colorful or chic black and white, metallic HD photo paper will really make the prints pop! Or get super creative and gallery-like and go with direct print to acrylic. The standoffs are so chic and cool, especially in an office, dining room or media room.
Ready to turn your blank wall into a stunning piece of custom wall art work? Gather your images and order your prints through ArtisanHD’s easy HD configurator and see your name up on the wall!